Monday, May 18, 2015

Final Reflection Blog


Prompt: 1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?  2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?  3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?  4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?  5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?  6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?  7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?  8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?  9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

            The three most important things I've learned this year is how to do blogs, annotate, and learned better vocabulary. Blogs are important to learn how to do, because as you go on writing you learn how to get better. I have learned to be a better writer compared to the beginning of the year. Annotating is important to learn how to do because it allows you to understand what you are reading more. We have done a lot of annotating this school year, and I have improved a lot since I first started. I think the most important thing I learned this year is better vocabulary. In the beginning of the year I used confused when I am speaking. Now when I am speaking I use words like, discombobulated, bewildered, and befuddled. Something I think I will remember for the rest of my life that happened this year was when we had out first class party. We all had so much fun. We also had lots of laughs and memories that we won't forget.

            The nicest thing my class did for me was having great attitude. Everyone is so kind in my class. We all have laughs together, and no one is left out of the conversation. I really enjoyed how everyone was never mean to another classmate. I think everyone has a close friendship, because in this class we had to communicate and lot. I felt like everyone is so close now, especially since we got to meet all of these people. Something that I taught one of my classmates was how to understand a book more. I told her to write in notes like, thoughts, questions, and predictions. I think this really helped her, because it made her think more about the book.

            An area that I think I made the biggest improvements is my writing skills. Before I would not go back to check for any mistakes, so I would finish my writing mistakes with grammar errors. Also I would not put a topic sentence. I would also write run-on sentences.  Something I accomplished this year that I am proud of is when I was able to stay in the accelerated class. If you get a grade "C" or lower, you are not allowed to be in that class anymore. I passed that class with "A's" and "B's". I am proud of myself, because I was able to push myself into doing something. The most challenging this this year was time management. Most of my homework was due on Friday, and I was busy on most of the days on the weekdays. I had to do most of my homework all on Thursday. I think I have become better at fixing that problem over the year. I've learned how to make notes on what day I should do each day.

            The best piece of writing I did this year was a blog about an ending to a story called "The Lady or the Tiger?". The story I had to write had to be about what happened at the end, because it never says. I think this was my best, because in my opinion, I think it was very creative. Also because a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. Of the books I read this far my favorite is A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer. This book was so sad. It was about a true story on a boy who was abused by his mother and bothers. This book was something that I will never forget. I recommend this book, because it is just so great.

            Some advice I would give students next year is to set goals. Goals are what keeps you focused on getting better. It's what keeps you moving forward in life. If you don't have goals then it is very hard to accomplish things. Even if you don't reach that goal, you did more to reach it tan not trying to reach it at all. Some other advice is to pay attention. In this class this ear we moved very fast at some times. If you are not listening then you might get lost quickly. It will also help you in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog Diana! I agree with the advice you gave the future 7th graders, it is good to set goals! Well put together blog!

    ReplyDelete