Friday, May 1, 2015

Poem Blog 5/1/15


Prompt: Using "To A Mouse" by Robert Burns as inspiration, write a short poem expressing what happens when you have a dream and it doesn't come true.

"Dreams To Come And Go"
By: Diana A.

When you have a dream
It's the greatest feeling
When you have a hope you beam
You just think, staring at the ceiling 

When your dream doesn't work out
It's not a great feeling
You just want to pout 
Your feelings are not appealing

Dreams don't always come as planned
You just have to get over it
Just hold somebody's hand
You can get over it in a bit

Even if you can't
You can at least try
You feel like hope is scant 
It's okay to cry

More dreams will come soon
Maybe in a strum
Maybe in late June,
But they will come 

I commented on Jared'sJoseph's, and Devin's blog

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog and I also agree with your blog because your dream doesn't always come out the way you expected it to. However I do have a question what is your poem pattern? Is your poem patter A,B,A,B?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Poem. I like how in all of your stanzas you had a rhyme scheme. All together a great blog and a very interesting poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Poem! I agree with James when he says that he likes your rhyme scheme because I think it was really creative of you to do that. I really like how you say at the end that dreams will come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poem! You did a really good job rhyming (much better than I could ever do!) It is true that dreams don't always come true! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job writing your poem the rhyme scheme was great and it makes sense that our dreams do not come true we don't live in a perfect world.

    ReplyDelete