Thursday, April 28, 2016

Blog April 28, 2016

What Tuesday Has Inspired You?

Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Prompt: Based on the 6 Tuesdays you have read about in Tuesday's with Morrie that has had the most impact on you or inspired you. 

            Based on the 6 Tuesdyas I have read about in the book Tuesday's with Morrie, the Tuesday that has inspired me the most was the 4th Tuesday, which talks about death. I think this chapter has truly opened my eyes to why we should always live our lives to the fullest. We should never take anything for granted, because one day that thing will be gone. To assume that we will never lose someone or something will just make things harder for us in the future. Many people believe it is impossible to have someone being taken away from them, so they don't appriciate the time they have with that person. From this chapter I learned to appriciate all of the little things I normally don't think about. In the book on page 84, Morrie says, "'The loving relationships we have, the universe around us, we take these things for granted.'" A lot of people don't understand that we should be happy for all the people and things we have in our lives. This shows that we should appriciate the loving people we have in our lives. We should also enjoy nature, and everything outside, because we never know when it all can be taken away from us. 

            Another thing that has impacted me was how Morrie said we have to accept that we are all going to die. If we don't accept that we will eventually die, we will have so many things that we haven't done, or said. On page 82 Morrie says, "'Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.'" This means that we have to accept the possibility of our death, before we can truly appriciate what we have on this earth. Anyone can die at any moment, and because of that the things on this earth should be appreciated so much more. If we don't accept that we will die, it will cause us to think certain things will never be lost, but that's not true. We won't be able to appriciate the little things in life, and won't be happy all the time. On page 81 in the book Morrie also says, "'...know you're going to die, and to be prepared for it at any time. That's better. That way you can actually be more involved in your life while you're living.'" Facing the reality of death allows us to see the world and our life at a different angle. We will see the beautiful things we haven't noticed before, and start to feel happier knowing we shouldn't be upset all the time. We should always try and stay positive, because life is too short to be unhappy.

            After reading this chapter it has definitely changed the way I thought. I've learned so many things, and started to look at life differently. I have constantly been thinking to myself about if I were to die today, would there be anything I would regret? Whether it was something I never said to someone, or an action I didn't take, or not appreciated things, they will all add up. I would definitely regret not taking certain actions if I died at this moment. From thinking about all of this, I now know to not be afraid to tell someone something, and not be afraid to take a risk. I appriciate the little things, like having a plate of food in front of me everyday, and the fact that I'm able to go to school, and have caring friends and family by my side. Our lives are truly an amazing expirience, and everyone should learn to make the most of it, before we waste it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment