Friday, April 8, 2016

Blog April 8, 2016

3rd Quarter Reflection

Prompts: In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Launguage Arts?
What is something you accomplished this quarter that you are proud of? What has been the most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for you, and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

            An area I think I made my biggest improvements in English Language Arts is my researching skills, and knowing my strengths and weaknesses. Before this quarter I usually picked a website that looked like it had a lot of information to help me with my work. During the argumentative unit, I learned to pick reliable sources, so I don't have false information in the argumentative paper I wrote. Knowing how to find reliable sources is a very helpful thing to learn, because you can use the skill for the future. Now I can easily tell if I can trust a certain site, or if I shouldn't use the information it has on it. Another improvement I made 3rd Quarter was knowing what I needed improvements on and what I can move forward on. Knowing what I can move forward on helps me, so I'm not doing the same things I am good at all the time. 

           Something I accomplished this quarter that I'm proud of is reading a lot. I think the third quarter has been the quarter I have read most. Usually I don't have a lot of time to read at home or during school, but I somehow managed to read a lot. This school year I have been in Battle of the Books, so that has impacted how much I have read. I can be very indecisive when choosing a book that I am interested in and it's good to be in Battle of the Books, because you can discover new genres you haven't read before and maybe see if you like it or not. For the fourth quarter I definitely want to read even more books. I think it will get me more prepared for highschool. Mystery books are usually not books I will pick out for fun. For Battle of the Books I read a mystery book called The Boy in the Burning House. I was very interested in this book which surprised me. I'm glad I got the chance to read this book, because now I can look for more books in the same genre. Also it has taught me to go out of my comfort zone when I comes to books, so that I know if I really like them or not. I'm proud that I have read a lot even when the quarter was been a little stressful with other work. 

           Something that was challenging 3rd quarter was keeping myself focused and trying my best for everything in my English Launguage Arts class. This class is the most important to me, because I know that everything I learn in this class will benefit me in the future a lot, so doing my best in this class was and still is my top priority. In the previous quarters this school year I didn't have much trouble finding time to complete all of the needed assignment. This quarter has been a little more stressful, because I have been involved in things like Best of Berwyn, and Battle of the Books, and other activities. This took away a lot of my time to do homework or make up work. To overcome this I have been working extra hard and staying focused and not getting off task or distracted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment