Saturday, February 21, 2015

Global Collaboration Reflection



            Global Collaboration  My level of global awareness before entering 7th grade was not very high. I think that being in Mrs. Larson's class, and having to read Article of the Week's has improved my global awareness significantly. Our projects with our Swedish, and Indian pen pals did change my level of global awareness, because I got to learn more about what they do there. I've learned things from my pen pals that are different from here and things that are the same here. Something I learned from a video that was different from here is that they don't wear shoes in school! One thing I did not know about India is that a very popular sport there is called Kho Kho.

            My perspective on other cultures changed a lot from the global collaboration. I did not know that one of India's official language is English. I thought it was just Hindi. Also, I thought that schools in Sweden would be a lot more similar to our schools. They don't wear uniforms, and they have a much better lunch room. They have a class which we don't have, and that is Home Economics. I learned about this game in India they play a lot. It is called Kho Kho. I did some research on it and it seems very fun.

            The most interesting/funny thing I have have learned so far is that my Swedish pen pal's school does not wear shoes. It is obviously normal for them, but to us in America it seems a little weird. In Sweden the students there probably think it is weird that we do wear shoes in school. I wonder why they don't wear shoes in school? I also wonder if it is mandatory to not wear shoes, and is this for every school in Sweden? It is very interesting to learn about things like this that is different from here in America.

I commented on Jared'sJustin's, and Rebecca's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment