Thursday, March 26, 2015

Poetry Response 3/26/15


           Poetry can relate to my life, because I can relate to it. All poems have a meaning to it, and almost everyone can relate to it. Poetry can sometimes be confusing, but in the end you will get it, and relate that to your life. I have read lots of poems, and most of them have changed what I think about things. Before this poetry unit I didn't like poetry that much. I thought it was confusing and boring. Now that we have learned the meanings of poems, and even wrote some poems ourselves I have learned to enjoy them more. If you learn to understand poetry you will like reading them more often.

            I think poetry does belong to everyone. Everyone might not like poetry, but I think some poems can relate to everyone. Even if poems might be confusing for some people once you take the time to read them and think about it, it may become one of your favorites. The first time I read "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost I did not like it because I did not understand it. Then when I got to understand it, I learned that it can relate to me, and that is now my favorite poem. Sometimes the most confusing poems can really change what you think of something. There has to be at least one poem that can relate to you. I know a lot of people who dislike poetry. They probably have not read a poem that they can relate to.

           The life and experiences of a poet can affect the way he/she writes in many ways. If a poet had a lot of deaths in his or her family, he or she will probably write with more emotion. If a poet had a happy life and never really had any bad experiences, he or she will most likely write humorous poems. They write about these topics because they have experienced this, so it will make it easier to write. If someone had a very tragic life, he or she will have a hard time to write funny poems. When I write poems I don’t write them to have a negative connotation. That’s because I haven’t had a really sad or bad experience in my life.




I commented on Sam'sSiari's, and Sebastian's blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment