Sunday, March 15, 2015

3rd Quarter Reflections


Prompt: We have reached the end of 3rd Quarter...can you believe it?! Now take a moment to reflect on what you have learned so far.


            An area I think I most improved in English Language Arts is writing and diction. I really improved my writing a lot. Before I would just jumble words together to make a paragraph. Now I use topic sentences and supporting details. I also improved my writing by getting rid of run on sentences. I used to not put commas where they needed to be. I've also learned to not start sentences with conjunctions. My diction before entering the 3rd quarter was not that great. I have gotten used to saying more challenging words when speaking. 

           Of the books I read this quarter my favorite was Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements. I was attached to it from just reading the first chapter. I really liked how you have lots of prediction while you are reading. I also loved the ending. This book was very interesting, and I think everyone who reads this book will absolutely adore it. I will definitely recommend
this book to anyone. 

           Something that has been the most challenging from the 3rd quarter is finding time to get all of my work done, and my articles of the weeks (AOW). In the 3rd quarter I had to go to clubs and sports, so it was hard enough to go to all of those activities. As soon as I would go home I would have to start my homework, so I won't have to stay up late doing it. AOWs have been challenging because I could never get it right. I would have trouble doing the objective summaries. I would also have trouble with the topic sentences. I would never even have one. Looking back at the 3rd quarter I have learned that I have improved a lot this quarter.


I commented on Anthony'sEmily's, and Siari's blog.

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment