Sunday, January 11, 2015

The First Time I...


Prompt: When was the last time you did something for the first time?

          The last time I did something for the first time was friday when Mr. Foust, the music teacher, announced that we'd be learning how to play guitar in class. He started off by giving each of us a guitar, I got a small one. Next he showed us how to play a few chords and showed us the different parts of the guitar. After we got the hang of it he let us mess around with the guitars to try to get used to them.

          When I got home I told my parents all about it. I told them how I might want to learn more on my own. When my dad heard this he told me that he might still have his old guitar somewhere. So we went to the basement to look for it. Sure enough there it was in a black padded case. He brought it upstairs and cleaned it up. Then he walked me through how to tune it. After it was all fixed up he started playing. I recognized a few of the notes we had learned in music class.

          After my dad warmed it up for me he gave it to me to try. This one was much different from the one in music class because it was much bigger so it was harder for me to hold down each string while playing. When my dad saw that I was really interested in learning how to play he brought me some books that teach you how to play guitar and showed all the chords and notes. He then told me that if I wanted he could teach me. I can't wait to start learning more.




2 comments:

  1. Great blog Diana thats really cool that you learned or learning to play the guitar. Will you learn more instruments in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about you learning to play the guitar.

    ReplyDelete