Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blog for Week of Jan.19


Prompt: Write about a situation a character faces.
Pages Read: 12-71

          In the book "Things Not Seen"by Andrew Clements, Bobby Phillips wakes up one day to find himself invisible. Some people might think that being invisible wouldn't be a problem, but reading this book made me realize that it is a lot harder than it sounds. Bobby being invisible is a huge problem, it also leads up to even more problems. 

          One problem that Bobby faces when he is invisible is hiding from people. Several times already in the book has he had to hide from people. There are two ways he hides from people. One way is to bundle up in clothes that covers everything. Another way is that he goes out, well lets just say, bare. While some people think Bobby is being suspicious from being covered head to toe indoors, others think it is completely normal because of the weather. 

          Relating to the first problem, Bobby also has to avoid people as much as possible including talking and bumping into someone. One time he bumped into a girl and the scarf he was wearing fell off and he was so scared that she might have noticed. He soon figured out that she was blind from the cane she was holding and by the way her eyes looked. Another time his neighbor made him cookies, and obviously he couldn't come out. So he made up a lie so, she just left them on the front porch about five feet away from the door. Bobby knew she did that just to see someone actually come out and take them. Bobby then got a robe and other things to make it look like a grown women to trick his neighbor into someone coming out. 

19 comments:

  1. Cool blog, I read the beginning of the book but not the entire thing. I will definitely read this book after BoB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sounds like a really good book! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it would be fun to be invisible. Guess not. I like your writing style and I don't see any grammar errors, so good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog Diana, this book definitely seems interesting and I feel like there will definitely be a huge plot twist. I will check this book out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this sounds like a really good book and you did good describing the character's problems. Over all, I liked your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like an interesting book, and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really interesting book. I am thinking about reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a really nice book. Your first paragraph was a little repetitive, but it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a myon boo that was similar to the plot of this one. I wanted to read this book but they were all checked out, maybe this will be my next. That aside I really love the idea of this book and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog! I think the guy is kinda creepy. I thought it was funny when he dressed up as a women.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already wanted to read this book. Reading your blog has made me want to read it more! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diana,

    I have actually read a book like this once, it was a classic. It had a similar plot liek this one with the blind girl that he bumps into. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. After reading your blog I want to read this book and I liked how you explained how he get around so most people don't notice he is invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a very interesting book! You explained everything well and now I want to read it! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Blog! This sounds like a very interesting book! I liked how you wrote a lot of the problems he was facing, and that its not easy being invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice blog. I like how you explained more than just one situation that he was facing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog! I like how you described the problems. One tip is that in the last sentence you put "women" instead of "woman". Other than that, great blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Blog! I liked how you explained the problems of Bobby. I would have never thought being invisible would have been that troubling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like a really interesting story! I know it'd be spoiling the book for a lot of people, but I keep thinking about how it might end! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete