Thursday, January 15, 2015

Blog for Week of Jan. 12


Prompt: After reading, I wonder...


            After reading the first chapter of Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements I have had so many questions already. In this book Booby wakes up, looks in the mirror and doesn't see himself. He tries to go back to sleep but can't. It is not a dream and he is not blind. When he tells his parents at first they think it is a prank. Then he grabbed a glass of orange juice and drank it, all they saw was a floating cup. They were so shocked and confused to see this.

          I wonder if Bobby will ever be visible again? Most books usually end with happy endings. So when I first started reading this I automatically just knew he was going to turn back to normal. Then again, I could be wrong. If he does turn back visible, I wonder how he will do it and how long it took. I keep on thinking that this might just be a big dream but in the book they already said that it wasn't.

          I also wonder if later in the book they say how he became like this? I haven't read far so I don't know if they have said it yet. Just out of nowhere he is invisible. There has to be a cause for this effect. There could be so many possibilities on what could have happened. Even his dad who is a physicist doesn't know how to solve this problem.

            



No comments:

Post a Comment