Monday, May 23, 2016

This I Believe Speech

"Have Hope"

I never really saw myself as someone who could ever do something to change the world. I've always thought to myself that I'm just an ordinary person who won't have the courage to do anything too special that can impact anyone's life. I believe that if we have hope for ourselves, and try hard enough we are able to do something that can impact many people.

Recently, while starting on this speech, I came across an essay in class written by a teenager named Dylan who had thoughts similar to mine. His essay inspired me a lot, more than I would have expected. In the essay, he thought about his situation a lot, then realized that anyone was able to make a change in the world even if it seemed impossible. I then realized that I could relate to his story a lot. I kept on thinking, and asked myself how I can build up the courage to do great things in the world. 

After I read the essay I changed the way I thought about myself. I've learned that I'm not the only one who has dealt with the problem. I now see myself as someone who is capable of making a difference, because I believed I could. 

I know it can be hard to believe you can do great things for the world, but just think of all the positive outcomes it has. Believing in ourselves will make us confident people, and I know it can do good in the future. It has worked for me, and it can definitely work for anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment