Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Blog for Week Dec. 1 2014

Prompt: Quote a passage & respond to it. How did it make you feel?
Pages Read: 0-63

       "Again he smiles, and gently squeezes my shoulder, 'No, David. You have nothing to worry about, honest. Your mother is never going to hurt you again.'
       I lean back against the seat. A reflection from the sun bits my eye. I turn away from the rays as a single tear runs down my cheek.
       'I'm free?' "

       This passage from A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer made me feel very sad. The fact that he is says, "I'm free?" as a question is so sad. This is sad because he is so used to be beaten by his mother and when the police officer says he is never going to be beat again, it is very emotional for both the readers and David. I also thinks its sad because he is being taken away from his mother and will be in custody. This must be very overwhelming for him.

       This passage is also made me feel blissful. It makes me so happy that he is finally free after his mother has been beating him for so long. Also because the police officer says that he has nothing to worry about anymore. I think David feels like he can finally relax without thinking of him ever being beat again. He probably doesn't know what to think.

       " 'NO!' I command. 'Send me back to school. Don't you get it? She mustn't find out I told!' "

       This part made me feel so terrible for David. David knows that if his mother finds out he told, he would be in so much trouble. Even if he doesn't like the beatings he still doesn't want to tell. I feel like no kid should ever have to feel this way. Kids should tell people know what is happening at home so the problem could be fixed and not get worse, just like David's.

     

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your blog, this looks like a really sad but interesting book to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with this blog. This book sounds like an emotional roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete