Thursday, November 13, 2014

Blog for week Nov. 11

Prompt 1: Analyze the impact word choice has on the meaning or tone of a text. 
Prompt 2: Analyze how dialogue or specific incidents reveal information about characters. Make sure to include textual evidence. 

       In the book, Girl, Stolen, there are many different impacts the word choice has on the meaning of the text. In the text it states, "My life is over. I'm never going to drive a car, I'm never going to go on a date, and I'll be lucky if I get a job in some shelter for the handicap." This quote has a negative connotation because of how she is obviously sad and is not happy with her life. 

       The dialogue tells a lot about the character. In Girl, Stolen it states, "I will do anything that's necessary to get my precious daughter back." "The camera zoomed in on his face, wet with tears." This shows that her father is very desperate to his daughter back. It also shows that he is very emotional and will do anything to get her back.

       In the text it also says, "Secretly, Cheyenne always hoped people still took her for a sighted person. In restaurants or movie theaters, she would try to tuck her cane out f sight." This shows that Cheyenne would be so embarrassed that she would hide her cane in public. It also shows that she didn't want people to think of her as a blind person and wanted people to think of her just as a normal person.

2 comments:

  1. I love the book Girl Stolen first off and second your blog was really good, I also agree the book has an overall negative connotation because it's about a blind girl who gets kidnapped! What part of the book are you at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book Girl Stolen but based on your blog it sounds like a really good book to me. It looks pretty interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete